Sunday, September 4, 2011

Hearty Mooncakes

Time flies. I bought the mooncake mold last year around this time. The mold waited one year! I finally made my favourite snow skin mooncakes in mini version and I used Hearty air dry clay for these. You can see that Hearty holds texture really well. I mixed with acrylic paint and liked how the colors turned out.

As my mum goes .. strawberry mooncake, durian mooncake, green tea mooncake ...



The completed look with tea pot and cup. The golden placemat is made by me too.


I was a tad disappointed with the low participation rate of the contest for which I gave away a box of chocolates. I would like to apologise to my blog readers who left comments expressing their interest but didn't manage to go over to Mini Treasures Wiki. One of you told me that you had difficulty registering an account and couldn't see any starred pages at all. It could be due to browser incompatibility.

On the brighter note, the winner Narina is now my blog reader too. Welcome Narina and congratulations!!

I promise to hold another giveaway and it will be held here on MY site. ^_^

Last but not least, happy mid autumn festival to all and enjoy all the mooncake eating (if you have a chance to eat them overseas).

7 comments:

Eliana said...

So sweet!
Hugs

NarinaNäpertää said...

Ohh, those look just adorable! (^^)
And I LOVE the colours!!

Very nicely done.

MiniHugs, Irina

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the moomcakes mould? & how much ? Its jst so lovely to luk @.


Mrs B.

ilovelittlethings said...

Thanks Eliana and Narina.

Mrs B... I got them from http://www.tinkleartncrafts.com/

Brittany said...

Aw, this reminds me of an old tiny tea set I used to have. So nice :)

Anonymous said...

what do you mean by you will be holding another contest at your site? whats your site? :)

ilovelittlethings said...

Hi Anonymous,
I will hold another giveaway at my blog :)